The presence of excessive Calcium or Magnesium in the water is a problem for many modern homes. This “Hard Water” can cause health problems, damage the gadgets and apparatuses that use water and cause nasty lime-scaling. Water softeners used to get rid of such impurities primarily come in two flavors, salt-based and salt-free. Although salt-free water softeners are not always considered to be the most effective, the salt-free nuvoh2o is a revolutionary water filtration system that has shown some amazing results.
How Does The NuvoH2O Work?
It does not use electricity or magnets. Instead, it uses a technology called “Chelation”. The “Chelating Agent” attracts and modifies Calcium and Magnesium keeping them soluble and hence prohibits them from forming lime-scale. The chelating agent in this case is citric acid which modifies the Calcium and Magnesium ions.
Some Interesting Features of NuvoH2O:
- This water conditioner is only 24” X 5” in size hence it is easy to install and use.
- Does not use magnet or electricity.
- Perfect for use in apartments up to 2,000 sq. ft. in size.
- Uses FDA and NSF approved parts.
- Prevents lime-scaling, treats Calcium and Magnesium using unique Chelation technology.
- Can remove existing lime-scaling from the plumbing.
- Easy and low-cost maintenance.
- 90 day money back guarantee from the manufacturer.
As mentioned before, some people do not consider salt-free water filtration systems as water softeners at all. But the NuvoH2O and the unique technology it uses have proved the naysayers wrong so far. The rate of filtration is also very fast so you will not have to wait for treated water to come through the taps. The filters should be replaced after every 6 months or once 45,000 Gallons of water have been treated.
The NuvoH2O has been developed from 30 years of research. It is one of the most expensive water softeners in the market but delivers on every penny it costs. So if you have hard water problems at your home, just go for the NuvoH2O. Use this for your tap water and you will never have to look elsewhere for effective water filtration.
Garbage disposal systems have been around for almost a century now but they became popular since after the Second World War. The oldest garbage disposal system brand is the InSinkerator which was founded in 1938. It is still operational and considered one of the best garbage disposal systems even today. Other than InSinkerator, Waste King, General Electrics and Kitchen Aid have also claimed their supremacy in this field.
InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Garbage Disposer-DownTheSink.com
If you go through several reviews on food waste disposal online and offline, you will come across a lot of facts that will help you zero in on the perfect garbage disposal for your kitchen. If you do not have enough time for research then the following facts are definitely going to help you.
Some Buying Tips:
Selection Of Horsepower: The standard garbage disposal models are operated by 1/3, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 horsepower. The selection of horsepower typically depends on the available power supply, the number of people in your family and the estimated daily usage of the disposer. If the motor is not strong enough it might clog the sink drains so be very careful about this factor.
Durability: Since a garbage disposal system is generally installed under a kitchen sink, hence it is exposed to water for prolonged amounts of time every day. In the past this has been a great concern for manufacturers as this affected the longevity of the system. But the disposers of today are made from stainless steel which has eliminated the problem of corrosion to a large extent.
InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1 HP Garbage Disposer-DownTheSink.com
Types Of Disposers:
The present day market is dominated by two variations of garbage disposal systems.
- Continuous Feed: These are easy to use and the waste is disposed in a continuous fashion effectively decreasing the chance of clogging. The water and power consumption, however, is much more in this system apart from a few models.
- Batch Feed: This system needs to have a plug installed with it which is placed in the opening from time to time to contain the flow of waste. Although this system saves water and power considerably, it is comparatively inconvenient to use and increases the chances of clogging the sink pipe.
Of the many varieties that have dominated the food waste disposal market, the evolution line of InSinkErator, the L series disposal systems from Waste King and a few models of Whirlaway are widely coveted by the buyers all around. Hope this small guide will help you make your decision.